Serving the animals of Mazatlán since 1996

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Meet Volunteer - Linda Clark


A new feature is HERE!
Get to know the movers and shakers at ADLA! Each week we will highlight a volunteer or staff member that has joined our team to make ADLA the success that it is. We hope you will enjoy getting to know our "hands on" supporters a little better. We could not survive without these generous people giving of their time and effort.
The Editor

Today we begin to introduce you:
My name is Linda Clark. I have lived in Mexico for the last 7 ½ years. The first 3 ½, I lived in Tijuana where I crossed the border to work part time in the Sweetwater School District after retiring from Poway USD in San Diego as a Library Technician. I arrived in Mazatlan 4 years ago in March 2010. I lived in the Centro for about 4 months until I found the perfect house for my 4 cats and 2 dogs in Valle del Ejido, just north of town. I moved here with all my furniture, 72 plants (including 3 rose bushes) and my pets. So I’m here to stay.
My siblings and their families live in San Diego. My daughter Erin, her husband Ryan, and two grandsons (Nathan, age 3 in May and Maverick, age 1 ½ ) live in Buckeye, Arizona. I try to drive up at least once a year to visit.
I volunteer one day a week at the Mazatlan Library, I am a Mazatlan Tourist Aide Volunteer, I am a member of Vecinos Con Carino, I volunteer on Thursdays at the ADLA bazaar, I rescue and foster dogs until I can find their forever homes, and I have a colony of cats on my street that I feed nightly. I also enjoy reading, working in my garden, and downloading current TV series to watch. Come 8 o’clock, you’ll find me relaxing in front of the TV until bedtime.
I found out about Amigos de los Animales as soon as I found my first wandering dog within days after moving to Mazatlan. I asked Edgar how I could help besides donating money and cleaning products every time I brought an animal in. That’s when he told me volunteering my time would be best. I enjoyed bathing the dogs; getting them ready for surgery and adoption. That led to an occasional fostering to socialize them and to generally allow them to have a little more freedom until they were adopted. Since the bazaar arrived, I’ve been helping on Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment