Serving the animals of Mazatlán since 1996

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Meet Volunteer - Peggy Brackett

Hola, friends of Amigos de los Animales.


My name is Peggy Brackett.  I was born and raised in Farmington, Maine – a small town of about 7,000 people, located in the western part of the state.  I grew up on a family farm, surrounded by cows, horses, pigs and chickens – as well as our household pets, dogs and cats.


In my 20’s, I moved to Colorado, which has been my home base ever since, although I return to Maine as often as possible to reconnect with family and friends.  By profession, I am a Certified Public Accountant.


For the past several seasons, I have been living in my condo in the Marina Mazatlán area for six months each year.  I am a watercolor artist and show my work during the monthly First Friday Art Walk in El Centro.  I also enjoy water exercise, reading and traveling around Mexico – taking a vacation within a vacation. 


I became involved with Amigos de los Animales about four years ago.  I helped set up the Amigos bazar (thrift store), which is located on the second floor of the shelter, and have been working one or two shifts each week since that opening.  All money from the sale of items in the bazar directly supports the shelter animals.


Working in the bazar allows me to see the level of dedication and commitment that the staff and volunteers have for our homeless animals.  I invite each of you to visit the shelter to see the operation first-hand.  I also encourage you to support Amigos in any way possible – from donating your unwanted items to sell at the bazar, walking dogs, playing with cats and kittens or working at the bazar.  It is a wonderful way to give back to Mazatlán.

No comments:

Post a Comment